Thursday, March 31, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
taste of cape town is back and this amazing food festival promises to be the culinary event of the year!
this year's participating restaurants include myoga, ginja, bistro sixteen82, societi bistro, gold restaurant, cape colony, grande provence, nobu, wang thai, signal at cape grace, bread and wine, le quartier francais, the greenhouse and maze by gordon ramsay.
there are only a limited number of tickets available, so don't forget to get yours before they sell out!! book through computicket on 083 915 8000 or http://www.computicket.com/
we can barely contain our excitement and we look forward to seeing you there!
Posted by Administrator at 1:21 AM
Thursday, March 24, 2011
if you aren't in a rush to get home this evening, why don't you stop by the earth fair food market to pick up something scrumptious for dinner. this event takes place every thursday at st george's mall opposite the taj hotel from 12h00 until 18h00. you will be able to find a range of fresh produce and food that contains no preservatives or hormones. sounds pretty good to us!!!
Posted by Administrator at 5:40 AM
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
it feels like a winters day in cape town today!
here's a quick and easy meatless indian stew to warm you up a little...
ingredients (serves 4)
ingredients (serves 4)
1 cup white rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups pureed tomatoes
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 cup plain low fat yoghurt
salt, pepper and sugar to taste
1. cook rice according to package instructions; cover and keep warm.
2. while rice is cooking, heat oil over medium heat in a large pan. add the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. add curry powder and ginger; cook, stirring until fragrant.
3. add pureed tomatoes, chickpeas and 1 1/2 cup water. bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. stir in lime juice; season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste. serve stew with rice and yoghurt. Enjoy!
Posted by Administrator at 2:12 AM
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Cost: R30 - includes your glass
Details: 3 DJ's, 4 bands, great food, secure parking & security
Location: the Neighbourgoods Market, Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock
This time bigger, better and 'beerier'!
Posted by Administrator at 3:35 AM
Monday, March 14, 2011
In Celebration of Saint Patrick's Day on the 17th March 2011
For the Cupcakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons instant-espresso powder
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
For the Frosting
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon whiskey
Instant-espresso powder, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Make the cupcakes: Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour water over espresso powder, let cool. Combine espresso with milk. Beat butter and granulated and brown sugars with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with espresso-milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour (batter may look broken).
2. Fill 15 cups (of two 12-cup muffin tins) three-quarters full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centres comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool, turn out cupcakes from the tins.
3. Make the frosting: Whisk together cream and caster sugar until medium peaks form. Add whiskey, whisk until slightly stiff peaks forms.
4. Top each cupcake with 2 tablespoons frosting; dust with espresso powder.
Posted by Administrator at 11:52 PM
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Have you seen the exquisite kitchen appliances from the Italian kitchen fashionistas at Bugatti??? So they don't only know how to manufacturer high performance automobiles.
Below are the Bugatti Juicer, Bugatti Volvo Toaster and the Bugatti Vela Blender
You can find more of their eye candy appliances and costs thereof at http://www.yuppiechef.co.za/
Posted by Administrator at 11:35 PM